Economics of Happiness 2017 Conference
Join us as we explore the creation of vibrant, local economies with a radically different paradigm—a paradigm that focuses on meeting real human and ecological needs through our ties to community and nature – through an ‘economics of happiness’.
We’re gathering internationally recognized leaders from the localization movement together with local leaders and activists for two days of plenary talks, panel discussions, workshops and tours on the global-to-local theme.
- Helena Norberg-Hodge, director of Ancient Futures and the Economics of Happiness
- Charles Eisenstein, author of Sacred Economics and The Ascent of Humanity
- Michael Shuman, author of Local Dollars, Local Sense and a founding board member of BALLE—The Business Alliance for Local Living Economies.
- Native American Artist-in Resistance Corwin Clairmont
- Anthony Flaccavento, director of SCALE—Sequestering Carbon, Accelerating Local Economies
- Tish O’Dell from the Ohio Community Rights Network.
- With a special presentation by the World House Choir for our closing session.
The event is co-sponsored by the local, 76-year old Arthur Morgan Institute for Community Solutions, which is working to establish local and regional equitable economies through the lens of community, and Local Futures, a pioneer of the new economy movement, dedicated to the renewal of community, ecological health and local economies worldwide.